What is IELTS?
The International English Language Testing System, or IELTS, is an international standardized test of English language proficiency for non-native English language speakers. It is jointly managed by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English.
Why gives IELTS?
It is designed to help you work, study or migrate to a country where English is the native language. It must be able to demonstrate a high level of English language ability.
Minimum age requirement for IELTS?
– The IELTS exam requires a minimum age of 16 years.
– IELTS Test is not recommended for candidates under 16 years.
When the IELTS require?
If you are going as a tourist, then it is not necessary to give IELTS. When applying for permanent residency, the IELTS becomes necessary. When for study purposes, IELTS is not required, though if you apply for colleges providing higher education, IELTS is mandatory.
Types of IELTS Test..
– There are two IELTS tests available – IELTS Academic or IELTS General Training
IELTS Academic – It measures your level of English language proficiency for an academic environment such as training or studying.
IELTS General Training – It is for both workplace and social situations.
Elements & Score of IELTS..
– You’ll be assessed on the following elements: Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking
– All test takers with a score from “band 1″ (“non-user”) to “band 9″ (“expert user“)